Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Deeper into the past

After finally collecting all the stuff necessary, I finally started to edit my first film. It was very satisfying and all went well, once I jumped in and got up the courage to cut up the precious footage. I'm saving all the junk stuff and randomly splicing it together on a reel. I still need to shoot some titles ( just ordered a vintage title kit ) and some montage elements, so maybe this weekend I can finish up the shooting. I also did some recording. I did a piece with piano and bass, and one in which the background layer was a randomly selected reel of tape played backwards on a flea-market refugee tape deck with serious speed control issues. It was a glorious sound. I turned it up loud and re-recorded it with Moog/piano/ebowed-delayed guitar overdubs. It has its moments. I wish I was as good a musician as the tape deck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why, welcome back to the Land Of The Posting!

Hope you plan to share the film endeavor...

4:57 PM  
Blogger Tronster said...

Hey man, long time no see at the blogger table. Yeah, I'm certain I won't understand the film, but I'd like to view it also.
PS earthkiller is running great.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home